Philip McMann is a Partner at Aronson Capital Partners. With more than two decades of industry experience in the Defense and Government Technology Services industries, Phil has successfully advised numerous private and publicly traded companies on corporate finance, buy- and sell-side M&A transactions, and strategic planning initiatives. His deep knowledge of the latest technological trends in the Information Technology, C4ISR, Telecommunications, and Cybersecurity markets and the missions of the U.S. Defense and Intelligence Community enable Phil to provide unique insight to his clients to assist them in achieving their strategic growth plans, building shareholder value, and executing transformational transactions.
Phil has worked on over 35 M&A transactions where he has advised or sold clients to some of the leading strategic buyers and private equity firms in the industry, including Boeing, CACI, General Dynamics, ManTech, SAIC, DC Capital, and Veritas Capital. Representative notable transactions that Phil has led over the years include:
- PCI sale to AE Industrial Partners
- Operational Intelligence, LLC sale to E3 Federal Solutions / Sentinel
- Intrepid Solutions & Services, Inc. investment from Bluestone Investment Partners
- APEX Expert Solutions sale to SAP NS2
- Wavefront Technologies sale to Ball Aerospace
- TATE Inc. sale to CENTRA Technology Inc.
- Ventura Solutions Inc. sale to The Boeing Company
- Kimmich Software Systems, Inc. sale to VISTRONIX
- Special Operations Technology Inc. (SOTECH), Zu Industries, Inc., and Bushido Communications, LLC sale to Ultra Electronics
- Zytel Corporation sale to Sotera Defense Solutions
- DDK Technology Group sale to ManTech International Inc.
As an industry expert, Phil has contributed articles on a variety of topics impacting the Defense, Government Technology Services, and Cybersecurity M&A landscape to leading publications, including Jane’s Defense Weekly and Washington Technology.
Before joining Aronson Capital Partners in 1999, Phil served as Vice President in the Structured Finance Group of CRIMMI MAE, Inc., which was the leading buyer of non-investment-rated commercial mortgage-backed securities. Before that position, he was a portfolio manager for Archon Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Goldman Sachs, Inc., which managed private equity investments primarily on behalf of the Whitehall Funds.
Phil received a B.S. in Management and Economics from Tulane University and an MBA in Finance from Cornell University’s S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management. He is registered with FINRA as a Principal (Series 7, 24, and 63).